Okay kids. Remember cherry coke?
Here’s a drink that tastes just like it! It’s everything that is crisp and sweet and refreshing about cherry coke, without the sickening too-sweetness or the calories and cancer!
Now, two things:
- If you’re actually addicted to cherry coke – come on- this is not going to fool you.
- If you hate soda, don’t worry, you’ll still love this.
Okay let’s get started. What you need:
- Cherry or cherry/pomegranate flavored seltzer water
- a pomegranate (or just pre-taken-out seeds if you’re lazy and/or rich)
- a not terribly tall glass
These are the only things you need. It’s got to be cherry flavored seltzer though, that’s a non-negotiable, duh.
- Step One: Remove all the seeds from the pomegranate (if you haven’t figured out the best way to do this watch this video and have your life changed forever)
- Step Two: Pour a glass of cherry seltzer, add a heaping portion of seeds, and enjoy.
Here’s the key: the seeds are not a pretty decoration. You’ll want to take in at least 3-4 seeds per sip, so you want that glass full of seeds. A shorter glass helps the seeds really float around and stay accessible to your sipping.
The combo of the cherry seltzer and the crunchy sweetness tastes like cherry coke- Amazing! Great for kids too if you don’t want to be a deadbeat who’s giving their toddler cherry coke. Just saying. That’s not something Smug Mommy does.
Smug Mommy is an irreverent attachment parenting blog: www.smugmommy.wordpress.com