I have killed many a plant. Thankfully, I know I’m in good company on this one. I found this one after my relationship ended with a Green Thumb Master. I wanted to feel all empowered…and this seemed like one where I didn’t need to find a guy to save me. Except the florist who recommended me this plant. May I present you with: THE DESERT ROSE, a succulent.
Here’s what I like about it:
- It can be in deep sunlight
- You water it 2 times a week
- It’s forgiving when you don’t put it in the sunlight and when you don’t water it twice a week
- It flowers
Mine has yet to flower…because perhaps I haven’t been uber good to it…but it hasnt’ died either, so I’ll take it! This is what it WOULD look like if it flowers:
More about this easy plant:
- Scientific name: Adenium obesum
- It grows to be HUGE, which I didn’t realize and am slightly frightened by this idea
- It’s tall and pretty and lovely. Here’s what it looked like in my sink the other day when I was watering it (while prepping eggplants with salt before cooking them)
Go forth! You too can keep plants alive!!
For those curious, this is the Sting song Lauren referred to: