Job Responsibilities: Amazon Warehouse Worker
Salary: 16 per HOUR
Company: Amazon Warehouse
Location: Colorado Springs, CO 80916 US
You’ll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that gets orders ready for customers relying on Amazon services. Our fast-paced physical roles take place in a variety of areas including merch make-on-demand customer returns Prime Now and general fulfillment. You will be selecting packing and shipping orders – in some cases for our super-fast (2-hour or less) delivery service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and put away inventory
- Get customer orders ready and pack them up
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Use scanners to read bar codes on products
- View prompts on screens and follows the direction for some tasks
- Troubleshoot problems
- Ensure product meets quality requirements
- Operate power industrial trucks (PIT) such as a forklift or pallet drivers and work at heights up to 35 feet. Equipment training and certification are provided free of cost.
You’ll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Push utility carts up to 60 pounds
- Stand walk push pull squat bend and reach during shifts
- Use carts dollies hand trucks and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
- Adhere to strict safety quality and fulfillment production standards
What it’s like at an Amazon Fulfillment Center
- Safety. Your safety is important to us so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You’ll be working around moving machines – order pickers stand-up forklifts turret trucks and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods walking around or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable closed-toe shoes are required. Depending on the role or location Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
Why You’ll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work schedules may include full-time (40 hours) reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less) all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight early morning day evening and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks three-day weekends – and with any time Shifts, you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay..
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location you’ll learn: how to operate a garment press and high-capacity printer a t-shirt folding machine how to assist with the print production process or how to receive and process customer returns.
- Free training. Depending on the role and location we’ll teach you how to drive power industrial trucks (PIT) such as forklifts or pallet drivers how the printing process works and how to work with the latest Amazon technology – including robots.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.