Job Responsibilities : Sourcing & Meeting Manager
Salary : 46000 per YEAR
Company : American Express Global Business Travel
Location : Remote US
- Review meeting request and conducts meeting qualification call with client.
- Develop and implement program and profit/negotiation strategy to achieve best price and/or enhancement consideration with suppliers supporting the specific needs of the client.
- Utilize knowledge of domestic and international destinations to recommend appropriate sites. Maintain knowledge of new destination options value-priced destination options and promotional offerings.
- Gather all the information necessary to properly source and place an event on behalf of a client including standard availability grids from designated technology tool.
- Initiate RFP process to secure appropriate room blocks logistical event needs and pricing from hotels and other suppliers.
- Qualify proposals to determine if appropriate and competitive.
- Negotiate and confirm critical program components with supplier(s) and team utilizing basic terms and conditions and/or modifying pre-existing master policies to meet individual client requirements.
- Meet client deadline providing availability grid based on client standards and review with client and team.
- Track supplier option dates and follows-up with team members and suppliers of program status.
- Review all supplier contracts prior to finalization ensure both program specific and generic terms and conditions are accurate and legally protective of both American Express M&E and the client including attrition dates cancellation policies etc. Use appropriate authorization and addendum form to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Conduct final negotiations with selected suppliers for best possible pricing and concessions to meet savings and spend expectations.
- Provide supplier with all appropriate documentation at sale notification including itinerary supplier contracts etc.
- Create meeting records in the designated meeting management system and complete all internal documentation for the program prior to turnover.
- May participate in program re-negotiations or cancellation negotiations as required.
- Achieve appropriate benchmarking metrics as per client or company requirement
1. Completes project timeline; establishes a work flow schedule with client and suppliers to facilitate prompt and accurate handling of all program details.
2. Manages and negotiates any hotel needs destination management company (DMC) air and all third party contracts. Monitors attrition dates cancellation policies and ensures contracted services are executed.
3. Communicates between Information Technology support and clients with respect to web requirements on assigned programs.4. Coordinates and may attend site inspections as needed.
5. Partners with designated team to communicate registration and air needs status meetings and continuous communication throughout program.
6. Coordinates all program details and produces a program itinerary / working agenda that outlines all program specifics and requirements
7. May conduct program debrief with client.
8. Works with accounting to complete final bill reviews final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
9. Ensures consistency of client branding guidelines.
10. Maintains accurate records system input and complete file management as outlined in GBT and client policies and procedures.
11. Evaluates program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes; plan for continuous improvement.
12. Able to assist with any level of event including those of a complex nature large volume high level of confidentiality international scope etc.
13. Outlines strategy communication plan and process for assigned programs.
1. Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information as needed.
2. Manages overall program budget reviews and audits all program related billing for accuracy.
3. Tracks and reports expenses to clients and communicates changes to them on a consistent basis.
4. Works with leader to forecast overall program financials and ensure monthly tracking for actual.
5. Analyzes financial information and determines costing strategies.
6. Oversees documentation of negotiated savings by client.
1. Works closely with client on a day-to-day basis to ensure program objectives are executed.
2. Maintains proactive positive open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
3. Acts as lead communicates program requirements to team as needed; works closely with support departments to exceed client requirements and objectives.
4. Partners with third party suppliers to arrange their services.
5. Conducts regularly scheduled status meetings with client and stakeholders from pre-launch through program operation.
6. May be requested to manage VIP special projects and oversee VIP logistics.
7. Develops strategic partnerships with multiple contacts within client and supplier organizations.
8. Acts as an extension of the sales team and as sole GBT representative during site inspections and program operations.
United States – Virtual Location
The US national annual base salary range for this position is from $46000 to $93000. The national range provided includes the base salary that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual base salary will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience skills knowledge and work location.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to age gender gender identity sexual orientation race color religion creed national origin disability genetic information veteran status citizenship or marital status and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement