Job Responsibilities : Documentation Specialist (Remote)
Salary : 46000 per YEAR
Company : Hancock Whitney
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. The email address used in establishing your account will be used to correspond with you throughout the application process. Please be sure and check the spam folder. You may review modify or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Prepares loan documentation for all consumer and certain non-complex commercial purpose loans in a multi-state environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes loan request and prepares documentation in compliance with bank policy federal and state regulations.
- Reviews application/approval for completeness accuracy and proper approval.
- Produces documentation for all types of loans ranging from simple consumer to real estate secured to commercial loans to exclude the most complex loan types.
- When applicable uploads information from Salespro to Laser Pro and reviews for correctness/completeness.
- Ensures all required documentation is prepared to properly perfect the bank’s lien and that all documentation requirements are met to include titles UCC’s mortgages deeds and title commitments.
- Coordinates with outside vendors attorney etc. as necessary to obtain documentation.
- Reviews real estate title work to identify existing exceptions; coordinates with attorney banker and customer to achieve resolution.
- Communicates to lender any issues affecting loan closing; identifies any legal documentation or policy deficiencies and assists in correction of issues impacting closing.
- Reviews attorney prepared title work; identifies exceptions requiring removal (unpaid taxes judgments liens lis pendens notices) and works with attorneys to ensure proper lien perfection.
- Provides excellent customer service in daily interaction with lenders and their clients.
- Identifies “critical” exceptions in closed package.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiates imaging process by setting requirements for loans in Info-Access.
- Utilizes intranet-based DAC Tracking tool to track productivity and workflow; reviews daily reports to self-manage work in progress..
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- High school diploma or GED; Associate Degree in Business or a related field preferred
- 1-2 years of clerical office experience; prior banking experience highly preferred
- No certification licensure or registrations are required to successfully apply for this job; however the following certifications from Hancock Bank’s Computer Based Training (CBT) are required if applicable once in this position:
- Certification in Banking Regulations (Reg. B Reg. CC Reg. O Reg. Z)
- Certification in HMDA Compliance
- Certification in CRA RESPA RMR Regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work well across teams
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Possesses analytical problem solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to formulate conclusions and recommend course of action based on analysis
- Loan documentation knowledge of consumer commercial and real estate loans
- Knowledge of loan policy and procedure
- Knowledge of federal compliance laws and those in the applicable states
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to make decisions independently
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religious beliefs national origin ancestry citizenship sex gender sexual orientation gender identity marital status age physical or mental disability or history of disability genetic information status as a protected veteran disabled veteran or other protected characteristics as required by federal state and local laws.