Job Responsibilities: Associate Corporate Counsel
Salary: 118000 per YEAR
Location: Remote US
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading PA USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
What We’re Offering
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plan
- Life insurance short/long term disability tuition reimbursement flex spending and employee stock purchase plan
- 401K plan
- Culture: We value and strive for excellence in all that we do through innovative technology by creating long-lasting relationships with our stakeholder co-workers and customers. We continentally strive to foster teamwork engagement and enhance our employee’s skills and competence by providing appropriate training.
EnerSys is currently seeking an experienced attorney with software/technology licensing and commercial contract experience. The position can be either a fully remote position or located at our global headquarters in Reading PA. You will be a key member of our legal department and will work closely with various departments to review the draft and negotiate contracts to ensure operational compliance and provide general legal support to the Company and the Senior Management Team. You will work closely with talented attorneys and commercial colleagues around the globe in a collegial environment. The position will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review draft and administer commercial contracts including licensing technology sales procurement confidentiality and other commercial contracts;
- Provide expertise in the area of software licensing IT IoT cybersecurity and data privacy for new product and service offerings;
- Support product teams as they develop and bring to market new products and services by helping identify and resolve licensing security and compliance issues;
- Identify and assess legal and business risks to the Company;
- Collaborate with various business units to develop and support corporate processes and procedures;
- Provide assistance to the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel;
- Research and review of current and proposed laws and regulations;
- Manage outside counsel and provide oversight as may be required; and
- Provide guidance and direction to paralegals and other support staff members of the Legal Department.
- Juris Doctor Degree with at least four (4) years of relevant work experience as an attorney;
- Must have a practicing license and be in good standing within a particular state jurisdiction;
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills;
- Must be willing to travel; and
- Software licensing engineering technology and/or manufacturing experience a plus.