Job Responsibilities: Sourcing Consultant–Marketing
Salary: 79000 per YEAR
Location: Remote US
At IBM we know that transformation drives change and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large-scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
In this procurement consulting role, the Sourcing Consultant will execute sourcing events and negotiations while acting as a Category Manager within the Marketing category on behalf of IBM’s external clients. Additionally the consultant must understand the external market and category variables learn the internal landscape of our clients (requirements organizational structure priorities) and successfully develop client/supplier relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand business requirements (priorities challenges and key value drivers) and address the requirements as appropriate via commercial activities.
- Design and secure cross-functional alignment of annual category strategies. Implement category strategies utilizing various commercial levers that deliver improved value such as lower cost reduced risk increased flexibility and improved business outcomes for IBM clients.
- Lead effective negotiations with sole source providers or as a part of a sourcing event/request for proposal (RFP) process
- Successfully build relationships with client stakeholders by providing compelling category insights & strategies aligning and delivering results against commercial plans and providing consistent professional communication and issue resolution.
- Play an active role in supplier/agency relationship management (SRM) through leading or participating in key meetings documenting mutual feedback and action items ensuring the right stakeholder engagement and through senior interactions with agencies where needed.
- Demonstrate value by becoming a trusted advisor lead negotiator and SME in the areas of Marketing sourcing and negotiations.
- Recommend diverse disadvantaged veteran and small businesses where possible.
- Collect market intelligence and analyze client data metrics and reports to make recommendations for areas of improvement or to drive increased efficiency/performance.
- Participate in category councils and client business reviews to support collaboration knowledge sharing opportunity identification and overall relationship development.
- Ensure seamless handoff to our clients when appropriate.
- Listening and Organizing
- Clarity of Communication including to senior managers or leaders
- Problem Identification Analysis and Solution
- Team Building and Collaboration
- Change Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Marketing category experience
- Data Analysis
- Ability to work in a fast turnaround / dynamic environment