Job Responsibilities: Account Advisor I (Remote – Louisiana) – April 2023
Salary: 36000 per YEAR
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
Location: Remote US
Educational requirements: High School
We take great strides to ensure our employees have the resources to live well and be healthy continue learning to develop skills grow professionally and serve our local communities. We invite you to apply for a career with Blue Cross.
Residency in or relocation to Louisiana is preferred for all positions.
Our Account Advisors serve on the front lines of the company and are committed to helping deliver exceptional service by resolving benefit and claims inquiries from our members and/or providers.
As a part of our team, you will earn competitive pay for medical vision dental, and life benefits; accrue paid time off beginning on your first day to be used immediately; 10 paid holidays a generous 401k contribution match from the company; participation in our Wellness program; an opportunity to participate in various diverse cultural events; and be afforded continuous opportunities for self-development and professional growth among much more!
Resolves benefit and claims inquiries via the telephone from our members or providers in the call center. Promotes and maintains a positive company image through direct contact with customers. Complies with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required or
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Completion of the Medical Assistant Coding & Insurance Pathway from BRCC can be used in lieu of the one year of experience.
- A certificate in medical office assistant or medical coding can be used in lieu of the one year of experience
- Previous experience in a call center is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate PC skills including Microsoft Office (e.g. Word Excel Outlook etc.) and related software as other corporate software progrms and applications.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interpret and communicate information with tact diplomacy patience and professionalism.
- Familiarity with medical and health insurance terminology preferred
- Conflict resolution skills and remains calm under pressure/stressful situations
- Must be able to to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- The ability to actively listen and ask appropriate questions to effectively understand issues that are presented from customers.
- Reading comprehension skills are required due to the high amount of direct customer contacts and the need to understand customer contract benefits and training materials.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Must have the ability to multi-task and handle work independently as well as organize and prioritize multiple customer issues.
- Ability to take ownership of issues from the beginning seeking First Call Resolution (FCR)
- Must be able to verbally communicate on the telephone in a call center environment approximately 95% of the time in the Customer Care Center.
- Employees may be expected to work during inclement weather or other emergency situations when needed.
- Must have ability to successfully complete Customer Service training with demonstrated proficiency in training materials.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Reviews and researches billing and healthcare claim inquiries from members and providers to ensure proper benefits and/or payments are applied correctly; researches multiple computer systems/applications to verify data/information accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries regarding adjustments refunds edits and/or payment registers to ensure completeness accuracy and customer satisfaction to members or providers.
- Maintains knowledge of required lines of business changes to applicable company policies/procedures recent laws and regulations and related computer systems to ensure information is current and accurate when providing service to members or providers on the telephone in the call center.
- Meet Customer Service performance goals/expectations in the areas of efficiency accuracy quality production customer satisfaction and attendance
- The ability to verbally communicate on the telephone approximately 95% of the time.
Additional Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned within your scope of responsibilities.
- Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
- Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
- The ability to comprehend document calculate visualize and analyze are required.
- Must be a resident of Louisiana
- The customer service hours of operation are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday – Friday therefore flexibility to work any shift within hours of operation is required.
- High speed and wired internet connection only – wireless/Wi-Fi NOT accepted.