Job Responsibilities : Principal Field Security Specialist, Code Scanning
Salary : 92000 per YEAR
Company : Github
Location : Remote US
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. Are you passionate about application security? Would you like to ensure developers get a world-class experience working with security tools? Have a technical and curious mindset? We have a role for you!
We’re looking for experienced technical-minded professionals who want to partner with senior leaders engineers and technical teams at our most strategic customers focused on accelerating and growing their success with GitHub Advanced Security. You will become a key expert in supporting customers with GitHub Advanced Security.
The ideal candidate shows a passion to help secure the world’s code. Field Specialists are also recognized as senior subject matter experts in part by their activity in supporting customers where they are (including via industry groups technical committees and research opportunities) and by using their ability to synthesize customer experience to provide an industry lens in public presentations and writing in addition to supporting a variety of diverse internal teams including sales professionals product management engineering and marketing in efforts that ensure that GitHub and our customers are successful together. We’re obsessed with our customers and the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp security-focused and people-oriented you might be a fit for this role!
Our Field Security Specialist team are responsible for a wide variety of tasks throughout their work. Below you’ll find some of our core responsibilities as a team;
Customer interaction: Adept at working with large and strategic corporations with minimal oversight. Possess Technical and Business skills including:
- Ability to present vision and strategy to CxOs as well as have deeply technical discussions with Engineering leads.
- Flexibility and skill to adapt conversations or messaging on the fly regardless of the participants.
- Familiarity with the Challenger sales methodology such as MEDDPICC or Command of the Message (not an expected requirement)
Internal collaboration: Engage in cross-functional collaboration within GitHub including Sales Professional Services Technical Product Management Product Marketing Engineering and Marketing. Work with these teams to understand and convey deep customer needs product roadmap and direction as well as detailed product and technical capabilities.
- Be an internal expert on customer and industry trends
- Advocating for customer interests within GitHub by communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Mentor pair and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
External Collaboration: Build a network of leaders tastemakers/influencers and customers to inform your own knowledge of the product and corporate landscape as well as position GitHub as an integral part of the security space. Become a trusted partner with leadership at GitHub’s strategic customers allowing GitHub to provide an enhanced experience as well as be better able to position GitHub for future sales opportunities. Build relationships with key decision-makers visit customers on-site and serve as a trusted advisor and point of contact
- Learn about customers’ successes and challenges
- Bring insights to your efforts that cross territories regions and industries
- Participate in working groups panels and industry forums to share your insight
GitHub Advanced Security expertise: Possesses deep technical knowledge of GitHub’s Advanced Security features and capabilities to be able to position them to customers as well as provide timely answers to their technical questions. You understand the code analysis landscape and market segment and the needs of users and developers. You have a high-level knowledge of GitHub’s CodeQL technology.
- Understanding of application SAST/DAST principles varieties of vulnerabilities and market landscape.
- Strong knowledge of the security community and application security in general
- Collaborate with the GitHub Security Labs team the Open Source community and GitHub’s Enterprise customers to create the best analysis libraries possible.
Business Development: Be a partner to the field sales team. Help them understand and improve the relationship with their customers. Drive customer happiness and plans to assess the market opportunity for GitHub Products and Services by aligning resources to meet business goals.
- Provide limited impactful support to High Potential and Strategic sales opportunities as agreed upon by regional leadership
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to product features
- Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales and field services to encourage product adoption
- Support projects and initiatives that provide sales acceleration opportunities
Represent GitHub: You will be a leader for your market and represent GitHub at customer and partner meetings as well as small and large events. You will be a key resource supporting GitHub to hit aggressive sales targets.
- Deliver live product demonstrations and sales presentations and lead clients through proof of technology for GitHub products
- Helping customers integrate GitHub products with their existing tools workflows and processes
- Public speaking and outreach (including Demand Generation Public Relations Analyst Relations Webinars and Customer Evidence)
- Represent GitHub at local regional national and international events
- Travel up to 25% of the time as and when it is safe to do so
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience in a technical capacity such as sales or solution engineering technical product management or software development
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with strong knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and related security tools/processes
- 2+ years working within or closely associated with a security team or security product
- Confident and proven communication skills both written and verbal demonstrated through internal/external speaking events blogging conference talks podcasts published content etc.
- Passionate about software technology and security
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) architecture GitHub Actions tools and workflows
- Experience with either Python TypeScript or Go as well as Java or C#
- In-depth experience in application security concepts such as static analysis dynamic analysis control flow data flow information flow security analysis program transformation taint analysis and taint tracking
Minimum salary of $91210 to maximum $241990.
These pay ranges are intended to cover roles based across the United States. An individual’s base pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience knowledge skills abilities of the applicant. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for benefits and additional rewards including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Location: In this role you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco Bellevue Raleigh).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together to solve challenging problems and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ) where many Hubbers work snack and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy motivated focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell we’ve built a place where we truly love working we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression sexual orientation race religion age national origin citizenship disability pregnancy status veteran status or any other differences. Also if you have a disability please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.