Job Responsibilities : Manager of Product Management, Merchandising (REMOTE)
Salary : 131000 per YEAR
Company : Nordstrom Inc
Location : Remote US
The Manager of Product Management in merchandising is a key leader on the Nordstrom Product Management team. The focus of this role will be on building developing and supporting a team of Product Managers as we modernize our approach to merchandising to drive a customer-led digital-first approach to assortment plan development financial planning product selection and inventory management. Product Management is responsible for making sure we build the right products and features for our customers and business. To accomplish that product managers plan the product roadmap and prioritize the applicable technology backlog lead product discovery and measure and communicate results of the feature portfolio in production all while ensuring stakeholder alignment. The Manager of Product Management must have a strong analytical and data driven mindset and a relentless focus on the outcomes we are driving towards. This person should have a high bar for performance and a drive to win. This role will partner closely with Nordstrom Engineering and Business Leaders to identify and deliver solutions to ensure we meet key objectives for our merchandising organization.
A day in the life…
Advanced Capability with the following competencies requiring little day to day management support:
- Develops and manages merchandising product strategies with the product management team
- Ensures alignment on priorities and direction by partnering with other groups stakeholders and leaders
- Hires and develops an efficient and effective team that meets the needs of the product management strategies
- Drives operational excellence within the Product Management discipline
- Partners with Engineering Process UX and Research on feature design
- Develops a/b testing plan with analytics where appropriate
- Drives ownership of features and services throughout the product lifecycle for our cross-channel customer experiences
- Collaborates with peers and leaders across the enterprise to solicit needs define vision and ensure outcomes align with enterprise priorities and goals
- Partners with technology teams to deliver key features and functionality that enhance the customer experience across Nordstrom channels
- Conducts data-driven analyses to continuously maintain a pulse on performance and the state of the business
You own this if you have…
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with 3+ years of management experience specifically in product management with a technology or ecommerce company preferred
- Bachelors’ degree in math statistics finance economics or related quantitative discipline is preferred
- Ability to inspire others including demonstrated experience managing and leading strong teams
- Ability to define measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Technical background and understanding of software development principles
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams from areas such as Analytics Engineering and User Experience
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills
We are able to offer remote work consideration for qualified positions in all states in the US with the following exceptions: AR MS MT NE NH ND SD VT WV and WY.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families including:
- Medical/Vision Dental Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply log into Workday click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
California: $131000 – $236000 annually Colorado: $131000 – $203000 annually Nevada: $131000 – $203000 annually New York: $131000 – $236000 annually Rhode Island: $131000 – $203000 annually Washington: $131000 – $203000 annually