Job Responsibilities: Curriculum Writer
Salary: 70000 per YEAR
Location: Remote US
CodePath.org is an early-stage nonprofit dedicated to offering an accelerated pathway into the technology industry for college students all across the US with an emphasis on serving underserved low-income and first-generation students. We offer various courses and services to students both directly on campuses at colleges and remotely using video classrooms with instructors and TAs. All of these courses and services are provided to students entirely free of any cost funded directly by the technology industry in order to invest in the next generation of talented software engineers.
Our vision is that every student in college regardless of background or personal circumstances should have the opportunity skills network and pathways available to become a confident and successful software engineer in the tech industry. CodePath.org develops and delivers a wide variety of programs and supports students over multiple years reaching students in college starting before Freshman year and then all the way through to post-graduation and entering full-time software roles.
What’s the job like?
As a technical curriculum writer, you will learn new technologies design new curricula, and continuously improve existing curricula based on student feedback.
The ideal curriculum is anchored in industry relevance and context is well-paced and foundational concepts are integrated into interesting and entertaining projects. The curriculum should be inclusive of varying levels of weekly time commitment different programming backgrounds and varied cultural experiences.
New course development will span 3-6 months and existing courses will have upgrade sprints after each course retrospective.
- Learning and developing your domain knowledge across specific courses.
- Auditing our existing courses to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working on the development of new courses under the leadership of a Curriculum Developer.
- Updating and creating course content including syllabi videos labs assignments reading lists guides and tutorials and all other material that comprises our coursework.
- Curriculum editing takes place on GitHub using Git Markdown Google Slides and a custom learning management system. Editing our curriculum is quite a bit like creating technical documentation on GitHub.
Our ideal candidate has experience working in education and curriculum excellent written communication skills and creativity in curriculum design. They will also have a demonstrated commitment to CodePath.org’s mission and vision of equity in education. Additional qualifications include:
- Computer Science adjacent degree or equivalent experience
- Content area experience in one or more of the following areas: Web Development iOS Development Android Development Cybersecurity
- Teaching experience (TA or instructor)
- Bonus: experience working in a startup or non-profit environment
We are committed to professional growth and fulfillment at work. Benefits include:
- Medical insurance with dental and vision.
- Remote-friendly environment.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Generous time off with a flexible workplace and work schedule.
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization.
- Frequent opportunities to connect with students universities and communities we serve.
- Opportunities to engage collaborate and partner with top technology companies venture capitalists and engineering leaders in Silicon Valley.