Job Responsibilities : Information Management Analyst I
Salary : 55000 per YEAR
Company : USAA
Location : Remote US
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Information Management Analyst I for a remote position in the continental U.S.
This role is for a steward managing USAA Members and Customers data. It’s a critical role for our team and the company success because many critical business processes are relying on Member Data. Working in this space candidate will have plenty of learning and growth opportunities in business rules laws and regulation impacting data management such as security privacy etc.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA’s Enterprise Information Standards. This role may be responsible for one or more information management function noted below: Metadata includes defining and documenting data ensuring the information is understood. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define redefine or continue maintenance of the metadata. Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality. Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk. Data Security and Privacy includes managing the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to GLBA FCRA PCI DSS etc. Master Data and Reference Data includes managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate and consistent information.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn’t technical it’s human. Here we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We’re proud of USAA’s strong history -and we’re even more passionate about our future. That’s why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we’re continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us you’ll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified measured monitored and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies standards and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages intermediate data management knowledge in support of one or many of the information management practices. This person may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with expertise for the information steward as needed.
- Tasks include any of the items noted below:
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in processes.
- Participates in and possibly lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Participates in development of best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Maintains Information Asset Inventories. Ensures data and assets are classified appropriately.
- Supports delivery of information in accordance with Information Governance standards and data management practices through documentation collaboration and execution of defined processes.
- Maintains metadata repository and proper metadata association.
- Reviews validates and records metadata and data quality information.
- Develops definitions data quality rules thresholds and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Develops controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development implementing data quality rule checks monitoring data quality results reports and dashboards as appropriate.
- Documents and updates data quality corrective action plans.
- Supports compliance assessment process by reviewing and documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment checks.
- Recommends Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Creates and maintains reference data in accordance to defined processes and procedures.
- Manages quality and maintenance of master data as it is created.
- Supports archiving and purging activities of data in compliance with legal requirements in partnership with IT.
- Develops archiving and purging strategies and processes in stewardship capacity as needed.
- Supports compliance assessment process by identifying and escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Manages Data Access security as needed in a steward capacity.
- Supports Privacy initiatives through classification tagging and analysis of sensitive data.
- Ensures compliance and remediation of sensitive data in accordance to defined policies and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Science discipline is required; OR 4 years of related data and analytics or technical experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of experience in an information management practice business application function or data delivery.
- OR If Advanced degree in a Business or Science discipline 2 years of experience in data and analytics technical or business relevant function
- Intermediate experience following data management practices and theories and utilizing tools to implement data management to address data management risks and concerns.
- Intermediate SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Ability to build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor and leadership levels.
- Demonstrates skills in understanding and correcting data discrepancies identifying data anomalies and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Experience with managing customer data including data privacy and security
- Experience using IBM Information Analyzer and Information Governance Catalog
- Have at least 2 years of experience with SQL queries
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $73700 – $132800*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical financial and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical dental and vision plans 401(k) pension life insurance parental benefits adoption assistance paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours and various wellness programs. Additionally our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or status as a protected veteran.